This is a list of web pages that contains information in English about the Major Earthquake in Hokkaido on September 6th, 2018. The list is to cover information on weather warnings and advisories, disaster prevention, tips to inprove life at the time of disaster.
The list is being updated as I find sites and pages to be listed. I would be happy if you let me know such sites and pages I can include. Please note, however, that I cannot be responsible for the correctness of the information (and English expression), although I try to be as careful as I can.
In addition to seeing the listed sites, you can use translation function of brousers (such as chrome and safari) or applications. 100% accuracy is not guaranteed, but there would be useful information on translated websites.
I hope this list is of any help to non-Japanese speaking residents and visitors in Hokkaido to deal with the effect of the earthquake, as well as coming disasters.
1. News & Official Weather Warnings and Advisories
2. General Information on Disaster and Risk Reduction
3. Disaster Message Board and Disaster Dial-a-Message 171 services
4. Multilingual Information in Case of Emergencies and Disasters by CLAIR (Council of Local Authorities for International Relations)
5. Tool and Service for Communication
- "Yubisashi" (Finger-pointing) Sheet on Disaster (Joho Center Publishing, PDF format)
- Translation Service for US Citizens (US Consulate General Sapporo)
6. Information and Consaltation Service from Local Governments and NGOs
- Consutation Desk by International Division, Hokkaido Government (English, Mandarin Chinese （简体字中文）, and Korean（한글） available)
7. Travel Information