This is a list of web pages that contains information in English about "historic" heavy rain in late June and early July, 2018 in Kochi prefecture. The list is to cover information on weather warnings and advisories, disaster prevention, tips to inprove life at the time of disaster.
The list is being updated as I find sites and pages to be listed. I would be happy if you let me know such sites and pages I can include. Please note, however, that I cannot be responsible for the correctness of the information, although I try to be cautious as possible.
In addition to seeing the listed sites, you can use translation function of brousers (such as chrome and safari) or applications. 100% accuracy is not guaranteed, but there might be useful information on the websites translated.
I hope this list is of any help to the residents and visitors in Kochi to deal with the effect of the heavy rain, as well as coming disasters.
1. News & Official Weather Warnings and Advisories
2. General Information on Disaster Risk Reduction
- 雨がたくさん降っているときに気をつけること | NEWS WEB EASY（やさしいにほんご）
3. Multilingual Information in Case of Emergencies and Disasters by CLAIR (Council of Local Authorities for International Relations)
4. Information on Disaster Risk Reduction in Kochi Prefecture
- Kochi Disaster Prevention Information (Overall information on disaster in Kochi by Kochi Prefecture. Please note that translation of the site is made by using machine translation system and perfect accuracy is not guranteed)
- Kochi International Association: Important Notices (Notices on "Preparation for Disasters," "When Sick or Injured," and "Residence Management System")
- Kochi Bosai (Goods and Products of disaster prevention, risk management and survival)
5. For International Students in Kochi University
- Information about class scheduling and regular test scheduling in the event of a weather warning alert and an evacuation advisory (Information for students of Kochi University, PDF format)